Friday, December 27, 2013

Hike in Southaven County Park



Today we went for a semi-long hike in Southaven County Park, the park we normally take the dogs for a walk in.  We walked about 4.7 miles in 3 hours, and by the end of it we were all ready to nap.  The red line on this map indicates the path we took:


The dogs were loving it, lots of new smells and places to pee on.  It was a beautiful crisp day with the temps in the upper 30s, though between the walking and bright sun were kept pretty warm.  I still dressed in layers to keep from getting too cold, I can always take a layer off but it would be hard to add on a layer I didn't bring.  The dogs spotted some deer, but sadly they ran off before I could take a picture of them. 

Over all it was a very nice hike, a great way to test out our new hiking GPS, and a fun way to enjoy the outdoors.  Here are some more pictures I took during the hike, enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your own footprint