Thursday, December 26, 2013

Titan Bikejor: Round 5



This time around is definitely one of the best ones so far with Titan, even with the few mishaps we had (which you'll get to see in the video) I'm still so very proud of him.  He maintained a pretty consistent speed throughout the run and basically stayed on the trail.  It seems that during each run, he tries to run off at the same spots so these actions are easy to predict and I can redirect him before he acts (so long as I'm paying attention).

There was a point near the end where he took a sharp turn to chase something, initially I was redirecting him  but had stopped when I heard a few cars coming.  And then once we start going again, he had to slip on some leaves on his way back to the road, poor boy was lucky that we were nearly done.



Something I notice after watching the video is my vocabulary, I seem to be using the same words to different actions.  I need to train myself to communicate better with Titan and start using the proper words for each type of action.  Overall, I am making less noise than when I started but that could be because there is less of a need for it.


As you can see in the image, and video, I've made a slight upgrade to the bikejor equipment.  An important item to have on the bike is something to keep the line away from the front tire.  If the line is not kept off of the tire, you run the risk of running over the line and hitting the dog.  Initially I had Alpine Outfitters Bikejor Noodle, but it's short length and soft body wasn't doing much to protect the line when it goes slack.

Shortly before today's run, I picked up a few supplies from Home Depot and built a new antenna.  I basically followed the instructions given by a local musher in his video, and modified it to my needs.  Check out the video is you want to try to make your own:



As you can see, he uses duck tape to decorate, which I couldn't help but also do:
"Dill With It!"  I think that's going to be my bikejor catchphrase


 So proud of this boy, can't wait to take him back out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your own footprint